Engineer in Rural Works and Industry, Ha Noi AgriculturalUniversity No1,Vietnam.
Master in Agri-Chain Management, with reference to developing countries, Van Hall Larenstein University, the Netherlands.
Certiﬁcate in Business Development Services, Da Lat, Vietnam.
2009 - now
- Founder and CEO of Bac Tom, a food chain store (www.bactom.com) with organic farms
- Health Coach (Institute for Integrative Nutrition in US)
- Vice head of Coordination Board of Organic PGS Vietnam
- Agro-Specialist for the the project Climate Smart Agriculture in Mekong Delta (IFC/Worldbank)
- Value Chain Specialist for CSIP, NEU, PanNature
- Ambassador of Van Hall Larenstein University in the area of Health and Nutrition in Vietnam
December 2009 - October 2010
- Consultant for PSARD/HELVETAS to improve market access for chayote in Hoa Binh
- Consultant for CARE to assess services for selected agri-chains in Thai Nguyen
October 2005 - December 2009
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) is a not-for-proﬁt organization that conducts socially and environmentally
progressive research and follow up interventions aimed at reducing hunger and poverty and preserving natural resources in develop
Agro-Enterprise Development Specialist to the project of Small Scale Agro-enterprise Development for the
Uplands (SADU) in Vietnam, implemented by CIAT
Developed high quality value chains of persimmon and chayote in partnership with private sectors and local government agencies
- Worked with Institute of Plant Protection to provide trainings for persimon and chayote farmers
- Led market assessment to identify opportunities for existing products and potential products in the target provinces
- Led surveys on beneficiaries for impact assessment
- Facilitated discussions and linkages among all the stakeholders including producers, input suppliers, transport providers, manufacturers, and traders
- Worked with private enterprises to address the weaknesses and bottlenecks in the value chains
- Worked with local government to grant necessary supports
- Promoted investment from private sectors
- Monitored and followed up on field activities to ensure that activities were carried out timely and necessary responses to the real situation would be taken
- Contributed to relevant workshops organized by MARD or SDC
- Worked with other colleagues to develop communication tools for the project
September 2004 - September 2005
Group of Technological Research and Extension (GRET) is a professional solidarity and international cooperation association which works in
Africa, Asia, and Latin America, as well as in Europe to contribute to sustainable, fair development and alleviate poverty and structural
inequalities. It aims to increase the incomes of rural and urban populations, reduce their vulnerability, improve their access to quality
infrastructures and services, and develop their ability to be heard.
Chief oﬃcer/Technical assistant for the components of rice seeds and vegetable seedlings development in Bac Ninh and Vinh Phuc provinces
under the DIALOGS project (Institution-Building and Local Associations for the Organisation and Management of Collective Utilities in Vietnam).
- Facilitated group marketing and establishment of groups and cooperatives.
- Led the team to work with the target communities and related stakeholders to develop groups and cooperatives of rice seeds and vegetable seedlings production
- Built the relationships among the relevant stakeholders in the chain with each other and with their local authorities and research services
- Promoted the locally organizations (mainly extension services) to build their capacity in supporting to groups and cooperatives
- Monitored and evaluated the progress of the project’s components
1997 - 2004
Vietnam Institute of Agricultural Engineering and Postharvest Technology (VIAEP) is the leading institute under MARD. Its mandate is to do research and development of agricultural machinery and postharvest technologies.
National Consultant for Seed Component/Agriculture Sector Program Support (ASPS/DANIDA) in Grain/Seed Processing, 2003 - 2004
Researcher and Extensionist, 1997 – 2002
- Planed and managed activities for the consultant team
- Carried out the survey of seed processing companies and proposed a project of Technical Assistance to VIAEP
- Developed the project of sugarcane production and the project of mechanisation of tea production;
- Conducted a session on computer application on engineering to VIAEP’s staﬀ.
- Chien T.M. 2017. Small Short vs Long Large Supply Chain, the case of Vietnam. FAO conference Thailand April 2017
- NK. Veerapa, S. Wojtaszek, D. Veerapa and TM. Chien. 2011. Consumer Behaviour Towards Organic Vegetables and their Certiﬁcation in Vietnam
- Veerapa, N. and Manh, C. 2010. Sustainable Agricultural Practices in Vietnam: A Supply Chain Perspective of Organic Vegetable production in
Hanoi. Proceedings of the ISHS Symposium on Sustainable Agricultural Practices in South East Asia, Salatiga, March 2011.
- Chien T.M. 2010. Chayote Outlets and Opportunities for upscaling in the Uplands. PSARD/HELVETAS Vietnam
- Chien T.M. 2009. An assessment of potato production under contract farming in Tan Lac. SADU/CIAT Vietnam
- Chien T.M. 2007. Market Opportunity Identiﬁcation for Mai Chau district of Hoa Binh province. PanNature Vietnam
- Chien T.M. 2006. An analysis of market chain for persimmon: the case of Da Bac, Hoa Binh. SADU/CIAT Vietnam
- Chien T.M. 2005. From Seed rice groups to Associations or Cooperatives? GRET Vietnam.
Fields of interest
- Natural and Organic farming
- Capacity building for market driven strateg
- Playing and watching sports, especially football, table tennis,
- Reading, listening to news and pop music.
- Vietnamese and English (ﬂuent)
Tiago Sequeira Wandschneider
Do Thanh Chung
Mobile: +84 914021717
I certify that this curriculum vitae is accurate and I acknowledge
my willingness and availability to participate in the role for!